Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fatty Fatty Two By Four.....

How many of you have heard the start of this sentence and can finish by heart. If I had a dime for everytime in my childhood from the ages of 9 (before I was F.A.T.) to 16 (when I decided that starvation was the way to go), you would be reading this from a woman who retired on the beach of Hawaii in a moo moo. (by the way, there is a reason they call those dresses "moo-moo") But atlas that didn't happen.

I wanted to start this blog in hopes to help me and anyone else that wants or needs to take this weight loss journey with me.

I am 37 years old. I stay home with my boys, happily married 99% of the time. I have a lot of qualities that other people see but the first thing I see, is FAT. My 7 year old thinks it's a bad word and spells it. I don't know why he does though. I tell him that being is not something you should say, "ewww" about. Every Body is beautiful. So, why don't I believe that last sentence?

I am tired of using everything in my life as an excuse not to be healthy and lose weight.

Yesterday, I joined Weight Watchers. My best friend said that it was a good omen because of the date (08/09/10). I don't know if I believe in omens, other than bad ones. But we shall see.

Today is a new day. Today, I will take control of my eating habits and my lifestyles. I will not give in to the temptation of McDonald's. I will not drink soda. I will not give up at 10AM.

So, please take this journey with me. Through the ups (in emotion, not weight) and downs (in weight, not emotions) You can lean on me and I can lean on you.

Until next time!


Shana

1 comment:

  1. OK-- so I am signed on sister girl! I will take this journey with you! I guess I am two weeks behind you- but I guess I have to have something to run towards, so watch out Shana here I come!
    Here we are two states away from one another & it is NOW that we commit? Our timing sux- I would mush rather do it with you face-to-face. So what should I do? Should I start a blog too? I do not think I have the money nor desire to do WW AGAIN... but I think I know enough about good nutrition and healthy living to do it without WW.
    I will post along with you, either piggy backing on your blog or starting my own...
    so here we go!

    ReplyDelete