Friday, August 27, 2010

A small victory

Today, when I got dressed, I put a shirt that was form fitting a little and I thought, hey, not half bad. I have been trying to keep up with my crunches so as I lose weight I can tighten my stomach muscles.

Yesterday, I got my walk in and then some. Yesterday morning I wanted to walk Jacob to school and Matthew was going to ride his bike. Okay, sounds easy peasy, lemon squeezy, right? Ummmm no. When it was too far to turn back and a ways to the school, Matthew decides he doesn't want to ride his bike and I had to carry it the rest of the way to school. When we finally got to school, I went to the office and asked if we could keep the bike there, and then I would pick it up after we got home from walking. Thank all that is holy because they said it was okay. Well, the mayo on my exercise sandwich was now, Matthew didn't want to walk. His legs were tired. So, I carried a 35 pound barbell on my shoulders until about a block from the house when Matthew pipes up and says, "I not tired no more, I want to walk." I was sweating bullets, tired beyond belief but we did, we made it home. Jumped in the car like Bo and Luke Duke and got his bicycle.
The end. I was so tired that night, I don't think my head hit the pillow before I was asleep.

Until next time.

1 comment: